The status bar presents some quick information and may be toggled on/off from the View menu.
This area shows either
the number of items (files and/or folders) and displays one of the following:
- if no selection exists - total item count (eg. 24 items), a count of items in the folders pane (current folder)
- if a selection exists - total selection count, the number of items selected, or
the helper text of a menu item when the mouse is hovered over that item.
Example: hovering over the File/New Tab menu item displays “Creates a new tab”.
This area shows the actual item (files and/or folders) size and displays one of the following:
- if no selection exists - total file size, the combined size of all files in the folder. Note that folder items are not included in this size, even if the Show folder sizes option is enabled.
- if a selection exists - total selected file size, the combined size of all selected files (not folders)
- if the current tab is a virtual folder (ie. special Windows folder) - the words Virtual Folder. Selecting items has no effect.
If a real size is shown (not a virtual folder), then the size is affected by the Show all file sizes in:… setting.
This area shows free disk space for the volume which houses the currently active folder (files pane). Free space is shown in bytes (rounded to MB, GB, etc., regardless of any options settings) and in percentage of the entire volume.